Thursday, March 29, 2007

Calm Down, Things Could Be Worse


I just got off the phone with my friend Stanely who is fighting tonight. He calmed me down and long story short, reassured me that things could be worse. At least the Koru Gym is a place where ordinary people can train realistically in MMA in a way that isn't egocentric and doesn't cause bodily injury. Stan told me that it's good that non-athletes can have a place to train in solid training methods that help gain skills as well as promote a healthy lifestyle.

I had to stop and re-think about the criteria of who gets in the gym and who doesn't. For my own good, I think I need to let people in who have no problem upping the resistance. I just need to make sure that I'm getting good sparring and rolling time in for my own development.

If I don't make sure that I'm taken care of, the quality will go down, everybody's game will stagnate, the high standard for personal improvement will disappear, and it will all be nobody else's fault, but mine.

I feel better knowing that I am fully responsible for myself.

Nobody to blame. No excuses to be made.

I'll give it a month. If I think things are not getting better, I'm taking my stuff out of the San Antonio location and taking the Koru Gym concept, curriculum, and intellectual property (i.e. logo design, collateral material, etc.) along with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home