Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Memories of being a soldier...


“A soldier’s relationship to his gun will forever infect every other activity he will use his hands for during the course of his life. Whether holding a woman in his arms, building a house or changing his baby’s diaper, his hands will always operate with the muscle memory of holding and firing a rifle.”… “We realize that even without ever killing anyone with his weapon the murder-lusting soldier is an animal whose spots will never change.”
-
from the new movie, Jarhead



On this Veteran's day I think about...

Troops dying…

My being a Veteran…

My fellow soldiers I served with...

My soldering days…

How my mind plays those memories like it was someone else who lived that life...

As a fellow comrade, my prayers go out to the children who lost their Papa and my heart goes out to the women who lost their husbands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home